Case Closed...

Now at the Police Station Warren struggles to get comfortable, but attempts to break the momentary silence. Warren says "How may I help you Detectives?"

Detective David, struggling not to snap at Warren, just smiles as he walks Warren over to the Police Captain. "We have a few questions that we need to ask you before we can process you."

Warren smiles "I will cooperate anyway I can, but I do not believe I will be here long enough for processing, Detective."

Niko walks up to Warren "We have evidence that proves you are linked to the murder of a now known Meta-Human, all we need is a confession and to find out how much you know."

Just then, Warren's attorney shows up, and tells them "The interview's over, I'l be taking him from you now, if you have anymore questions you can contact me directly."

Then Warren speaks up "Just to show you I'm not the one you're looking for, my office will send you a signed affidavit of what I know, within the week."

With that Warren left with his attorney, leaving Detective David seething and Niko frustrated, Niko then whispers under her breath. "Lord just let me strike him down"

David says "I'm sorry, what was that?"

Niko quickly responds "Nothing,"

When they exited the interview room, the co-worker of the head of research and development at Pierce Tech, showed up and asked to speak to Detective David Carpenter, about possible information regarding the case.

She told them that her constituent had not shown up for work, since the victim's death. He had been working on various projects, and it didn't occur to her to check what he was working on, after hours.

All she knew was that, they were aware, that the employee was a meta-human, and they were keeping an eye on him, in case he started to display any signs of odd behavior, that is until his monitor went offline.

David thanked the scientist for her cooperation and asked her if she knew if Warren Pierce knew anything about her constituent' work after hours.

She says "as far as I know, he didn't."

David looks back at Niko to identify with her, his own frustration.

David then tells the scientist she me go, but to be careful, and f there is anything else she can think of, to please let them know. Giving her a card with an encrypted phone number,

After she left, Niko and David, went to Nacho Daddy a restaurant across the street  from the precinct to grab a bite to eat, to review their case notes.

After they ordered, they sat down, and David tells Niko " Let's god over what we do know so far."

"oh and thanks by the way for joining me for lunch, and helping me on this assignment."

Niko says "absolutely, not a problem. I'm all in."

Soon after they finish eating, they received a call from Finn (Merlin) at the forensics lab that the Head of Research and development at Pierce Tech, has been found dead by the water just at the edge of Elite City.

Comments

Popular Posts