The Lingering Future

Arthur reflected for a moment on what Sir Percival had asked, Arthur began to ask the Lord for the wisdom to speak right and true. Then Arthur spoke, "I have never as you all know claimed to have seen the future, as King my duty is to listen to my people and live as the example we should all strive for each and every day. I have never been one to plan for years in advance as I prefer to live day to day and only plan for what God has in store for that day.

I do however have a Royal Advisor whom God does show the future to, so what say you Royal Advisor, what do you for-see will become of Camelot and your King in the next five to ten years?"
And then Merlin says "I see God is going to cause the Legend of your Kingdom and your Reign to last forever. However, the more important thing is for your Knights to realize that each one has a purpose, and that purpose exists within them, Just as Camelot does."

Arthur dwells on Merlin' words, and says "Well said my good man." Merlin smiled, knowing he made His father proud and was able to share a little hope with the people without revealing the eventual fate of Camelot. And with that Merlin turns and looks at his father and smiles, and then vanishes before their eyes, leaving them pondering His words in awe.

Comments

Popular Posts