The Sword

Myrddin trudging through the woods feeling herself led to an unknown place, somewhere she had never been before. Myrddin stopped for a moment and asked God, "Lord, where are you leading me?""I do not recognize this landscape, what purpose could you have for me here.

The landscape was unleveled. all that could be seen was a bright light and the ground beneath her. Everything else was masked my a mist. Myrddin felt confused and shouted "Lord! I see nothing, where have you led me!" Suddenly the mist cleared and revealed a grand lake that spanned as far as the eye could see, and at the center of it stood a tower atop a hill.

The Lord spoke "This is the lake of Avalon, and I have led you here for a great purpose, For what you are here to do will bring about The future I have shown you." Myrddin listened and waited for God to move. awaiting the Lord' instructions then felt moved to walk forward, seeing that there was no path in front of her, she asked the Lord "Where are you leading me God, surely you do not mean for me to drown in the lake." the Lord spoke "Step forward onto the water, then continue walking."

Myrddin wanted to doubt the Lord's voice, not knowing if she could obey this command. But in that moment she knew, she had to see things through. Myrddin stepped forward, and then noticed she was not sinking, so then she continued moving forward until she reached the tower at the center of the lake. As soon as she was at the tower she asked God "what now Lord?" The Lord spoke, "step through the archway." Myrddin obeying the Lord's command stepped forward and noticed a ripple around her body a wave passing over her, and time shifting all around.

When the feeling stopped, Myrddin exited the tower and began walking where the Lord led her, noticing a lot had changed when out of nowhere a man dressed in white robes and a red sash approached Her, "I am here at the creator's command, to bring you a gift that was forged by God and meant to only be used by the true King." Myrddin looked upon the sword in awe of it's design, She could feel the power radiating off of it. then looking up the man in white had vanished leaving the sword in Her hands.

Myrddin looks at the surrounding area wondering why things have changed so much, asking God "Lord where am I? Why have you led me here?" God answers "my child, I've led you to an important place in time, a time after the fall of Lucifer. I have led you here as this is where your journey begins. The sword I have given you is no ordinary sword, it is the sword of the true King. Man does not yet know of this sword, and your duty will be to share the message of this sword with all man-kind until it has become legend." Myrddin in awe asks "I'm sorry Lord, but how can I do this? I am only one person. I would have to live for far too long for that to happen." The Lord smiles on Myrddin then explains. "You will be translated through time where you will share the Legend of Excalibur with every person I lead you to, until such a time when you must give the sword to the rightful King."

Myrddin did as The Lord commanded, and was taken through time, meeting many strange individuals, but as time unfolded Myrddin began to notice the Legend spreading, like a wildfire it seemed to reach far.

Myrddin was then taken to a time 40 years before Arthur's birth. Myrddin was then led by the Lord to remain at a monastery for a time. although Myrddin had only been gone for 3 months, she had traveled through the corridors of time for what seemed like an eternity. There Myrddin waited, constantly asking The Lord for guidance, always receiving the same answer. "Peace, Be Still"

One day the grandmaster of the Monastery came to Myrddin informing her that a man had come seeking Her help. Just then the Lord spoke "The first is here." Following the Lord' lead, Myrddin went to meet with the man in the courtyard. Myrddin approached the man and asked "How may I help you?" the man answers, "I have traveled for years searching for what many have claimed is a mere legend, all at the lead of a voice within me. I do not know if it is real but I believe that it is. The voice inside me has led me to you to tell you I seek the Sword Excalibur, I do not claim to be a good man, or a just King, but I do swear to uphold the standards of the one who created me to the best of my abilities. I am King Aidan."

At that moment Myrddin knew why she was here and said to Him, "You have followed the voice of God, and have found what you seek. I hold the sword Excalibur and God has found you worthy of it."
Myrddin then pulled out the Sword Excalibur and presented it to King Aidan. Myrddin then vanished, returning to her own time, a day before her journey began.

Just then Myrddin was met by the King's guards asking Myrddin to come with them as the King was on His deathbed and requested to see her. Fully prepared She climbed into the King' carriage and quickly arrived at the King' castle. Myrddin was then led to the King' chambers where she came to find an old man laying in bed. Myrddin approached the King and said "you summoned me your Majesty?" "The King smiled and said, it's been a long time, but you have not aged a day. Still I am glad to see you again.""I have upheld my oath to the best of my ability, but it is time this sword be given to the next and future King." Myrddin looks at the King and then recognizes His spirit, and tilts her head. "Yes your Majesty." King Aidan looked at Myrddin; "I have many enemies searching for this sword and while my son is only a child he cannot defend himself, so I have sent him to live with a family The Lord has chosen to raise Him."

Myrddin smiles and says, when the time is right the true King will reveal himself." Myrddin then took the Sword and left, going where the Lord leads her. Myrddin is then taken to a forrest area that seemed familiar, then The Lord spoke to Her saying, "You will place The Sword in the stone in front of you, for I am the Rock of the Ages and here the sword will remain, until such time the true King comes to set it free." Myrddin did as the Lord command and raised the Sword in air with one hand and swiftly stabbed it into the stone. There the sword remained for 15 years.

Myrddin had returned to Her time, it had been 6 months since she had left and it seemed nothing had changed. But when she returned to Arthur's cottage she learned some things had changed more than she thought.

Comments

Popular Posts