The King

Myrddin knew this was only the beginning but now she also knew that her visions were correct, Arthur is the rightful King. Returning to her cottage Myrddin heard God speaking to her "The easy part is finished my child but there is more work to be done." Myrddin then asked "what would you have me do Father?" Myrddin walked to where Arthur was, finding Him sitting under the tree from their youth, in deep thought.

Myrddin smiled and sat next to him, "a lot has happened this day,  hasn't it my King?" Arthur gulped then looked at Myrddin, "I can't believe this has happened, it feels like a dream." Myrddin smiles and says "well my friend, it isn't, you are King and with that comes change and a responsibility to your people, as well as new dangers." Arthur worried, looks to Myrddin "whatever it is I am sure God will be with us."

Myrddin looks on sternly "we must leave now my King, it's no longer safe to be here." Arthur refocuses his attention on Myrddin. "what do you mean? where is the danger?" Myrddin answers "while you may be accepted by the villagers, the Noblemen seek to do you harm, to take the throne for themselves.""The Lord however has placed before us a path we must follow and has arranged for us to meet with those who will be your Knights."

Arthur stood, and placed His sword Excalibur in a sheath tied it around his waist, and reached out his hand "Then let's get going Myrddin, we don't want to keep God waiting." Myrddin smirked and took His hand then they began their Journey.

Facing many dangers, and meeting new friends along the way Arthur and Myrddin now joined by the likes of Gawain, Hector de Maris, Tristan, Sir Kay and Sir Pellinore, They followed God's lead all the way to an abandoned castle home to the ancient Kings. Arthur and Myrddin looked at the land and smiled. Myrddin looked at Arthur, "this my friend is where your Kingdom will be built. I have foreseen it and The Lord has ordained it, you with your knights and sword Excalibur will build an amazing Kingdom here, and it shall be called Camelot"

Arthur smiling and in awe "I can see it." Myrddin looking down at her belly looks back at Arthur and tells him "I must leave you now Arthur, The Lord has called me to go away for a time, but I will return."

Arthur nods "I understand, but what about the Kingdom?"

Myrddin smiles "Camelot has you my King and you have God by your side, all you have to do is trust in Him with all your heart and everything will go well with you."

Arthur smiles with His spirit lifted, He pulls out His sword and shouts. "Come on Men! Onward to Camelot!"

Myrddin smiles then rides away.

Comments

Popular Posts