Myrddin' Struggle

Myrddin could see the future unfold, each day getting closer to the fate she had feared for; all she wanted to do was prevent her vision from coming true, wanting to stop Guinevere from betraying Arthur, and she wanted to ensure Arthur did not die. Myrddin hated the idea of losing everything she helped build, but no matter how many times she asked to change things, God always told her no.

The day was drawing nearer to Guinevere' betrayal, Myrddin could not face being there knowing what was about to happen. Later that evening, Myrddin left the castle to go see her son, hoping seeing Him again would help console her in her pain.

Myrddin rode as fast as the wind, heading for the Monastery ignoring God at every turn. Myrddin had grown angry with The Lord, while she still trusted Him, she felt heartbroken knowing everything she was about to lose. When Myrddin arrived at the Monastery she saw her son tending to the courtyard garden, smiling at the simplicity of it all, with a tear falling from her eye. Merlin turned "hello mother."

Myrddin refocused on her son, "hello son, sorry to surprise you like this, I know this is not when I usually come to visit you, but I needed to see you." Merlin smiled "I already knew you were coming mother, I have something to tell you." Myrddin sat near to Merlin, eagerly waiting to hear what he had to say, hoping that God had given him some alternate plan to save Arthur from his tragic fate, but
to no avail. Merlin told her, "While I was tending to the garden, the Lord told me you were wrestling
with His refusal of letting you warn Arthur of his destiny.

You need to understand the importance of your obedience to The Lord's instruction. If you warn him, then your decision will impact the future of King Arthur and his return." Myrddin said, "His return?!" Merlin said, "Yes! and you will hinder my destiny to help him. I am not sure how I am to help him as of yet, but that is all The Lord told me." Myrddin was shocked and relieved that she had not warned Arthur. She had no idea of the events that were to unfold. She was both happy and scared.

Myrddin was finally prepared for the future God had in store, she thanked Merlin for His help, and said she would return again soon. Before climbing on her horse Myrddin prayed to God "Forgive me Lord for my pride and for doubting your will. You are my God and I will follow you, even if I disagree with your plans I will obey. For your plans are greater than my own." Myrddin climbed back onto her horse and returned to Camelot.

Comments

Popular Posts